Hello ZimmComm Fans:
After a wild couple of weeks the ZimmComm team gets a break in the action. You’ll see Chuck next in Washington, DC for National Ag Day activities courtesy of the American Seed Trade Association. We’re also starting preparations for the April Agri-Marketing Conference in Kansas City, MO. Plan to visit us in the Connection Point to learn what’s new with this little new media company. We will have some “what’s new” to share with you there!
This week we shared some interesting information about Twitter users with you that comes from a Pew Research Center study. One of the key findings is that the reaction to major events, especially political, often differs from public opinion. A big reason why are the demographics of Twitter users who tend to be younger and more likely to be Democrats. Interesting stuff which you read more on here.
Our latest ZimmPoll asked the question, “What are your spring planting intentions for corn?”
Our poll results: Forty-four percent said More Than 50% and twenty-five percent said 50% Corn. Tying for 3rd, thirteen percent said less than 25% and Other. Six percent said 25% Corn. Even with the extreme drought conditions our poll shows that the majority of you are going to continue planting a lot of corn!
Our new ZimmPoll is now live and asks the question, “Will the sequester monster impact you personally?” U.S. sequestration ordered by President Obama officially began Friday March 1st. Will sequestration impact you? Let us know.
Here are some interviews you might have missed from this week:
• Iowa Ag Secretary Bill Northey on the state being the 4th largest producer of corn in world
• Michelle Vigna, Monsanto, on new Roundup Ready Xtend Crop System
• Sheldon Gerspacher, New Holland, on new P2000 Series Disk Drills
• Andy Lavigne, ASTA, on new Guide to Seed Treatment Stewardship
• Dr. Dale Polson, BIVI, on vertical transmission of PRRS
• ASA Press Conference from Commodity Classic
• Pam Johnson, NCGA President, on corn grower priorities
• Ashley Fischer, Beck’s Hybrids, positive outlook for 2013
• Mark Leitman, PERC, on role of propane on the farm
And you’ll find a lot more on our websites. Remember that you click on the links above to listen to or download .mp3 files!
You can find the full e-Newsletter here and subscribe here.
ZimmNews – March 8, 2013
Hello ZimmComm Fans: