Hello ZimmComm Fans:
Another week of agriblogging is just about in the can. Jamie Johansen was in Lexington, KY for the Alltech Global 500. Cindy just got back from the ASTA 2012 CSS in Chicago and Chuck just got back from the NAAA Convention in Savannah, GA.
Now it’s time for a break! But we’ve got lots more to post from these events in coming days. The ZimmComm 2013 calendar is filling fast with things heating back up right after new year’s. Please consider having us at your event in 2013 by contacting either Chuck or Dave Larson. Thank you.
If you’re one of the Android device owners we wanted you to know that we’ve updated and fixed a couple of bugs in the AgWired App for Android. It’s a very convenient way to keep up with what’s happening in the agribusiness world from a perspective you won’t find anywhere else.
Our latest ZimmPoll asked the question, “With harvest over what are your winter plans?”
Our poll results: Thirty-one percent said feed and care for animals; twenty-five percent said paperwork!; twenty-five percent also said catch up on sleep; nineteen percent said repair existing equipment; no one responded research/buy new equipment.
Our new ZimmPoll is now live and asks the question, “What will expiring biotech patents mean for agriculture?” This issue has been building for a few years now as the patent for the first generation of Roundup soybeans is set to expire in 2014. Let us know what you think.
Here are some interviews from this week you might have missed:
• National Beef Ambassadors at Alltech Global 500
• Jay Vroom, CropLife Foundation Chair, on precision seed protection study
• Mike Gumina, former ASTA Chairman, on the future
• Dr. Pearse Lyons, Alltech, talks back to the future at Global 500
• Dana Ness, incoming NAAA President, on membership
• BASF-Becker Underwood press conference
• Mark Hartz, NAAA President, on future of ag aviation
• Kathy Diehl, President of the WNAAA, on work of the Women of the NAAA
You can find the full e-Newsletter here and subscribe here.
ZimmNews – Dec. 7, 2012
Hello ZimmComm Fans: