We’re looking for the right person (or people) to become a ZimmComm producer. We’ve been blessed to have a number of incredibly talented folks work with us over the years and are very proud of them and their accomplishments both professionally and personally. We stay in touch with each and every one of them. Now we’re looking for some new talent.
The right person would be very self-motivated and passionate about agriculture, as well as having most or all of the following skills (listed in order of importance):
- 1. Computer savvy – Mac or PC
- 2. Flexible work schedule for on-site assignments
- 3. Digital photography – composing, shooting, editing
- 4. Audio production – conducting interviews, editing
- 5. Short format writing skills
- 6. Social Networking experience – Blog, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
- 7. Video production (web style) – shooting, editing
- 8. WordPress experience
We would like to see examples of work that ideally will include social networking accounts.
A ZimmComm producer needs to be able to shoot photos on the go, conduct spur of the moment interviews, edit photos/audio/video quickly and upload and post to WordPress websites. This includes writing story posts to go with the posted media. The work will include periodic travel to ag related events of different kinds – probably not more than 10 days per calendar year. You will need to be equipped with notebook computer and camera to take hi-res photos. Personal digital audio/video recorder and/or iPhone a plus.
Payment will be negotiated depending on experience and ZimmComm will supply on-the-job training for the right candidate. So are you up to the challenge?
If so, please send me your interest including things like resume/work examples via email.