We’ve been having a cornfest on AgWired lately. Between Chuck’s interviews from the Indian Creek Watershed Project Field Tour, Wyffels Hybrids Corn Strategies, FMC Anthem Plot Tour and the International Conference on Precision Agriculture you can find lots of interviews pertaining to corn and lots of photos from these events. This week he’s also attending the Bayer CropScience Greenhouse 5 Grand Opening and then on to Joliet, IL for NASCAR action sponsored by the Illinois Corn Growers. While Chuck is there Cindy will be blogging the Southern Peanut Growers Conference once again in Panama City, FL.
Our latest ZimmPoll asked the question, “How worried are you about the weather impact on crops this summer?”
Our poll results: Seventy-four percent said very worried; twenty-one percent said moderately concerned; four percent said they’re confident the crops will overcome and two percent said “what weather?”.
Our new ZimmPoll is now live and asks the question, “Should nutrition programs be split out of the Farm Bill?” With all the controversy surrounding cuts in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), better known as food stamps, there has also been talk that the bill could be split. What do you think – should nutrition be separate from agriculture?
By the way, the ZimmPoll is sponsored by Rhea+Kaiser, a full-service advertising/public relations agency. We certainly thank them for their support!
Here are some interviews from this week that you might have missed:
• David Cox, DAVCO, Precision Farmer of the Year from Australia
• Dr. Mike Owen, Iowa State University, on weed control
• Rick Hofer, Ag Leader Technology, talks about SeedCommand
• Ivan Dozier, Illinois State Conservationist, on watershed planning
• Dean Getting, FMC, on Anthem performance
• Get to know Nevin McDougall and BASF
• Mark Stelford, John Deere, on the FarmSight Strategy
• Adam Ploog, Wyffels Hybrids, on tale of two seasons in IA