This looks like a really good conference to go to if you want to learn the latest in what’s happening with new media. It’s the Blogworld & New Media Expo. The dates are September 20-21 in Las Vegas. I’m thinking about going.
They’ve got these interesting tidbits about blogging on the Expo homepage. You’ll find links in them to where they got the information.
Important Blogging Statistics
* Over 12 million American adults currently maintain a blog.
* More than 147 million Americans use the Internet.
* Over 57 million Americns read blogs.
* 1.7 million American adults list making money as one of the reasons they blog.
* 89% of companies surveyed say they think blogs will be more important in the next five years.
* 9% of internet users say they have created blogs.
* 6% of the entire US adult population has created a blog .
* Technorati is currently tracking over 70 million blogs .
* over 120 thousand blogs are created every day .
* There are over 1.4 million new blog posts every day .
* 22 of the 100 most popular websites in the world are blogs .
* 120,000 new blogs are created every day .
* 37% of blog readers began reading blogs in 2005 or 2006 .
* 51% of blog readers shop online .
* Blog readers average 23 hours online each week .