Winter farm meeting time is in high gear. Chuck attended the American Farm Bureau Federation annual meeting in Nashville, TN this week and you can find his photos and interviews on AgWired. At the same time Cindy was attending a BASF Crop Protection Innovation Symposium for farmers in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Next up on the schedule is the last week of this month and it includes the International Poultry Expo courtesy of Novus International; AG CONNECT Expo & Summit; Iowa Power Farming Show courtesy of Ag Leader Technology and the Iowa Renewable Fuels Summit. We’ll see you from all those places.
It’s a lot of travel time away from ZimmComm World Headquarters but we get to spend time with the greatest folks in the world. We have made so many friends over the years and value the time we get to work side by side them “out in the field.” We hope to see you somewhere soon.
Our latest ZimmPoll asked the question,”What do you think is top story of 2012?”
Our poll results: It looks like the majority of you at fifty-seven percent felt like “The Drought” was the top story for 2012. “No Farm Bill” came in at fourteen percent and ten percent said “USDA Meatless Monday Uproar.”
Our new ZimmPoll is now live and asks the question, “Should we sit down with HSUS in “common cause?” Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack’s comments at the AFBF annual meeting this week about sitting down in common cause have attracted a number of comments on AgWired and on social networks. So we thought this week’s poll might produce some interesting feedback. Let us know what you think.
Here are some interviews from this week you might have missed:
• Brian McIntyre, VP of Broadband, DISH, talks about expanding dishNET offerings to rural America
• Zack Hunnicutt, Nebraska farmer, new Chair of the AFBF YF&R Committee
• Archie Manning, former NFL quarterback, talks family, faith and football
• Janice Person, Monsanto, on social media and farmers
• Paul Rea, BASF, talks about communicating with farmer customers
• Randy Childress, FMC, talks about Display results
• Sec. of Ag Vilsack speech to AFBF annual mtg.